In today’s fast-paced world, branding is everything – it creates the personality and voice of your business. But how is online branding so important these days, and how it can boost your conversions?
You have built your brand website or an eCommerce portal, and you are ready to take orders. But to make your visitors convert, you need to learn the strategies to increase your traffic and develop a good relationship with your customers.
In fact, web branding develops your business perception and enables you to stay connected with your community. It is the connection that holds your potential customers to you and chooses you over others.
Here are some valuable tips for creating the most successful online branding strategies that would bring maximum conversion.
1. Understand your Brand and Your Customers
First and foremost, have the right perception of your brand and have very clear short and long-term goals. One excellent way to do that is to write your Mission and Vision statements.
Ask yourself what you would like to associate with your brand and ask the same question to a partner or individual who knows your business. If the two ideas don’t match, then you know that there’s a huge gap between your online reputation and brand image. And you need to fix this first.
Similarly, once you have known your brand well, you need to understand what your customers need and who they are. You need to take care of their unique preferences and lifestyle choices. Make sure you use this data to customize your products and services as per their likes and dislikes.
Resource Article: Why Understanding Your Customers is the Only Marketing Strategy You Need
Besides, every message that you convey on social media should be aligned with the demands of your target group. Make them feel you care about them and their needs and communicate with them as much as possible.
2. Research Your Keywords
Find out proper keywords in your niche and also research what keywords your competitors are ranking on.
Lookup for certain specific keywords that your audience is keying it on Google search.
By selecting the proper keywords, we mean the most searched ones, which can lead your visitors to reach you and your products.
- Use both headwords and long-tail keywords, or rather key phrases in all your content, even if it’s a simple social media post. Headwords are the most significant keywords as they are the most searched ones. And long-tail keywords are more drilled down and specific. An example of a headword is “baby shampoo” and a long-tail keyword can be “buy baby shampoo online”.
- Always maintain a high quality for every content that you post and communicate your objective very clearly. There are so many blogs out there that are written only for the sake of SEO purposes. And a common mistake many digital marketers make is to stuff their articles with keywords. Never make such a mistake! An ideal blog should be educational and must provide value to your readers. Use keywords only where it’s necessary, and it should flow naturally in the entire blog. Your blogs should have the power to actually empathize and communicate with your readers.
- Use keyword research tools to look up proper headwords and key phrases specific to your brand requirements. For instance, tools like Google AdWords Keyword Planner and Google Trends would help you to understand the most trending keywords both locally and globally.
3. Do Competitor Analysis
Pay attention to the digital marketing strategies your competitors are using. Conduct an analysis to track their activities and what they are doing to increase traffic.
For instance, you can try to follow their social media posts, study the keywords used in their top-ranking pages. their content marketing strategies, and so on. You can even sign up for their newsletters and emails to check out their email marketing techniques.
Each of these steps would help you to avoid mistakes that you may be possibly doing and come back as a better brand with improved products and services. And never forget to stay updated on the latest market trends and how your competitors are implementing their web branding strategies.
4. Consider Retargeting
You may not hear this time every day, but trust me, it’s important! Studies have proven that a company’s conversions can skyrocket if the website visitors are retargeted via display ads.
But what exactly is retargeting? It’s a cookie-based advertising tactic used to “follow” your audience anonymously and track its activities all over the web. The technique works on the notion that a visitor’s previous intent is more likely to convert him/her than new visitors.
Being a significant part of the online branding strategies, retargeting aims to convert your web traffic through advertising. Since it’s based on cookies, it enables you to target those users who have previously visited your website or downloaded your app or have shown interest in your products or services. This is the reason why retargeting is known as a conversion marketing tool.
5. Keep Promises!
Never make promises just for promise’s sake; work on them to actually keep them. Because transparency is key, and it enables a business to build its brand. Whenever you post something, there should be no turning back. It’s better to think twice before even saying anything.
To increase your brand image and its trustworthiness, you should stand by your words and always mean what you say. It takes so much to build this trust and authenticity, which you may break if you fail to keep your promises.
6. Optimize Your Landing Pages
Last but most important, plan separate optimization strategies for boosting your landing page conversions. Use techniques like –
- Using contrasting colors
- Making clear and simple call-to-action buttons
- Adding contact information
- Keeping vital elements above the fold
- Using targeted keywords
- Simplifying the landing page design
- Adding visually appealing images, infographics, etc.
- Using scarcity techniques (example, “Only 2 left in stock!”)
To Wrap Up…
To conclude, let’s say that regular promotion and using targeted advertising methods through social media will leave a positive and lasting impact on your audience.
The right web branding techniques can not only build trust and loyalty with your customers but also boost your conversions significantly.
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post.
Let me know your thoughts or suggestions in the comments below.
And if you liked it, Share it!
My name is Sujoy Mukherji. I am an Internet Marketer, Entrepreneur & Professional Blogger. Founder of the Affiliate Hub Blog.