How do you establish yourself as an expert? How do you become the go-to person for your industry? How do you build your personal brand? These questions are difficult to answer, but you can follow some proven strategies to help you get there and give yourself the best chance of success.
Using the right strategies and tools, you can create an outline presence that makes you stand out in the industry. With the right personal brand, you will be able to attract people interested in your business and services and turn more of them into paying customers.
In this post, I shall be discussing the 10 proven strategies for building a personal brand that will help you grow your business faster than before.
What is Personal Branding?
A personal brand is a unique set of values, beliefs, goals, skills, and experiences that make you who you are. A personal brand is how you want people to perceive your identity. Building your personal brand is a long-term endeavor that will require consistency, patience, and hard work.
Developing a distinct personal brand is an excellent way to distinguish yourself in today’s competitive market because it allows people to understand who you are even when you are not present. You distinguish yourself by telling your story, expressing your personality, and connecting with people who share your common vision.
Many people begin by focusing on being themselves when developing their personal brands, but a brand does not emerge naturally. It’s like running a full-time business that must be maintained in order to grow.
Defining your brand’s boundaries is the best way to ensure that everyone understands what you stand for and how you present yourself.
So, with that being said, let’s dive into the 10 proven strategies on how to build a personal brand.
1. Learn why
Why do you want to build your personal brand? Just this reason is the first step in your journey to building your personal brand. It’s important to know why you’re doing it, so you can focus on what’s important as you go through the process of building your brand. Building your personal brand can be difficult, but if you have the right reasons for doing it, then it’ll be easier.
2. Know what it takes
Personal branding is about much more than just name. it’s about who you are and what you represent. Building your personal brand takes time, dedication, and consistency. There’re many ways to build your personal brand, and it’s important for you to know what it takes to build a successful one.
You start by evaluating the following steps:
- Determine what your strengths are.
- Find out where your interests lie.
- Define who you want to be in life.
- Identify what you want to be known for doing or being.
- Choose an appropriate name for yourself (personal brand).
- Create a logo that represents your personal brand.
- Incorporate your personal brand in everything you do by having it appear on all of your social media profiles.
- Write blog posts about how to develop your personal brand.
- Give talks on how to improve one’s self-branding techniques.
- Become an influencer by becoming widely recognized as someone with knowledge and expertise in that field.
Having an established brand authority is very essential for your personal brand growth. if you have not done so already, you should create an online presence. Your blog or website is the perfect place to start. Include your contact information as well as links to your social media profiles and email address.
Using your blog or website as a jumping-off point for other forms of social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Remember that you want people to be able to find you easily on the various platforms so your name should remain consistent across all of them (e.g., @your_name). Keep in mind that some platforms like Linkedin are more professional than others, while Pinterest is primarily used for business purposes. For this reason, it’s important to keep your personal content separate from work-related content creating accounts on these sites.
4. Don’t forget visual branding
It is important to have a visual branding strategy in order to stand out. It can be as simple as having your logo or your website, business cards, or other materials that will be visually appealing to your clients.
Use colors that match your brand for consistency, if you are creating social media posts, use the same colors there too! Have a visual style that communicates the message you want to convey so people will know it’s from you when they see it.
5. Get active with people
There are several ways to get active with people and grow your personal brand. As you build your network, you want to stay consistent with the message you are trying to send. Here’re some ideas for getting active with people:
- Post on social media
- Write blog posts
- Send emails
- Join forums or online communities
- Be present at events and conferences
- Create YouTube videos
- Create content for your website or blog
- Host webinars
- Produce podcasts
Starting your personal brand is important in building a successful business. Your personal brand is everything you offer to the world, from your content to your expertise. Sharing your expertise will help you grow your brand, so it’s important that you are intentional about this.
You can implement the five steps to get started:
- Define who you are and what you stand for: In order to be successful with your personal branding, you need to stand out. You need to define who you are and what are you standing for. This is the first step on how to build a personal brand. If you don’t know yourself, your audience won’t know you.
- Share what makes you unique: You have something inside of you — don’t be afraid to show it! You can use your voice in meaningful ways like on social media platforms like Facebook Live or Instagram Stories where you can share your opinion on hot trending topics. Always take time to listen and comment on other people’s posts too. That way they’ll take notice of you and want to learn more about your perspectives, which could lead to fruitful collaborations down the line.
- Showcase what inspires you through a series of images: There are many apps that make this easy by allowing you to create slideshows with ease but there is nothing wrong with using simple editing tools such as Gimp or even Photoshop Express if that’s all you have access to. Make sure to add text titles to captions and include relevant hashtags. As a general rule, keep 12-20 pictures in one post for maximum exposure.
- Share links related to your topic: You can find websites, blogs, and articles related to your passions and share them with others who might be interested in them too. You can add an original review or opinion about each link you share for added personality and voice.
- Start guest posting for other blogs on related topics: If you see something interesting posted online and it interests you then read over their guest posting guidelines carefully before submitting an original post of your own because they may not be interested in what you would like to contribute.
7. Stay consistent with your tone of voice
The tone of voice is how you communicate with your audience in your writing. It’s the tone, style, and attitude with which you write. When people are reading your blog posts or social media updates, they should be able to tell if it’s something that you’ve written or not.
You can build your personal brand by staying consistent with your tone of voice on all of your writing platforms. The way you write on Twitter might be different from what you use for Instagram captions, but it should still represent the same person in some way.
Your content might be a bit different depending on what platform it is published on – this is OK!
Social media is a great way to get your personality out there, but it can be tough to figure out the best ways for you! Here’s how you can show your personality through social media:
- Share things that make you unique
- Ask questions
- Post pictures of yourself
- Show what your life is like
- Talk about your accomplishments
- Share in – progress photos
- Celebrate milestones
- Discuss what inspires you
- Post updates from your day
- Create hashtags and promote them on other social media platforms
9. Never stop learning
There’re two things you can always do to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to growing your personal brand: keep learning and never stop learning. The world is constantly changing, as is our work. If want to thrive in this personal branding environment, it’s crucial that you’re always on top of your game.
A good way to go about this is to subscribe yourself to industry-specific blogs catering to your niche, read books on relevant topics, and get certified in your line of expertise – whatever it takes. Just make sure you never stop growing!
10. Don’t Give Up – Ever!
It’s not always easy to stand out in the crowd, especially when you are just starting out. But it is possible by implementing the right strategies, hard work, and consistency. The first step on your journey to building a personal brand is NOT giving up! One of the most common reasons people give up too soon is because they don’t see an immediate benefit from their effort.
In reality, developing your personal brand takes time. You just need to stay consistent with it!
After reading this post, you should have learned what personal branding is, the proven strategies to build your personal brand, and the steps you should take in order to get started.
Remember that building your personal brand is an ongoing process. It will take time and dedication on your part in order to see results. Once you start taking action, it will be easier to make progress on your goals. Good luck!
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post.
Let me know your thoughts or suggestions in the comments below.
And if you liked it, Share it!
My name is Sujoy Mukherji. I am an Internet Marketer, Entrepreneur & Professional Blogger. Founder of the Affiliate Hub Blog.