Most YouTube users want to get their videos in front of as many viewers as possible. Whether you’re a movie star trying to promote your next film or an independent filmmaker looking to gain exposure for your next project, the more views you have, the better chance you have of making money with Google AdSense.
Ranking your YouTube videos isn’t always easy, but with the right strategy, you can climb to the top of the search results in no time. Several factors go into how high your video ranks, including your video title, tags, and even your thumbnail image – but the most important aspect is how many views your video gets when you first post it.
So, in this post, I shall talk about how to rank your YouTube videos, which will be a simple guide.
1. Choose an Optimized Title
Your YouTube title is one of the first things potential viewers will see, so it’s important to make it as attention-grabbing and relevant as possible. A good title will include keywords that are relevant to your video content and help it show up in search results. An optimized title would be something like, “The Easiest Way To Remove A Stain From Clothes” or “New Tricks Of Making An Oatmeal”.
2. Select an Eye-Catching Thumbnail
Your thumbnail is the first thing potential viewers will see when they come across your video, so it’s important to make a good impression. Here are a few tips for creating an eye-catching thumbnail:
- Use high-quality images that are bright and in focus.
- Choose an image that represents the content of your video.
- Use text sparingly, and make sure it’s legible.
- Avoid using generic stock photos.
- If you have a logo, watermark, or brand colors, use them!
- Think about the size and shape of your thumbnail – it should be visually appealing and easy to see on different devices.
3. Write a short, but informative description
When you upload a new video on YouTube, you’ll be asked to enter a title and description. The title is what people will see when they search for videos on YouTube or other websites, so make sure it’s attention-grabbing and relevant to your video.
As for the description, this is your chance to tell potential viewers what your video is about and why they should watch it. Keep your description short and sweet – around seven sentences should do the trick.
Use plain language that anyone can understand. If your video is longer than 30 minutes, consider breaking it up into two different videos and linking them together with an annotation (a small text box that appears on the screen). It’s also important to provide a link in your description where viewers can subscribe to notifications when you release new content videos on your YouTube channel.
You can use annotations as well if appropriate. For example, if your video is part of a series, use the annotation tool to give people access to the rest of the episodes. Keep in mind that not all videos will be engaging enough for people to watch more than 10-15 minutes at a time.
Linking out allows people who are interested in specific parts of your video content. Just make sure they don’t miss anything without having to search through hours of footage.
If you’re adding sound or music from other sources make sure you have copyright permission before uploading it onto YouTube and list any copyright information accordingly under Special Requirements. Also, note to add any caption or subtitles, so deaf or hard-of-hearing users will be able to enjoy your video too!
4. Insert your Keyword into the Tags
If you want your video to rank for a certain keyword, you need to make sure that the keyword is included in your tags. This tells YouTube what your video is about and helps it determine where to place your video in search results. Here’s how to do it: You will have to find the category of the tag (e.g., nature) first before clicking on it.
Next, type the keyword into the keyword field on the right side of the screen and click add.
Don’t forget to click “Save” after you are done!
Adding links in your video and descriptions is a great way to increase your video’s ranking. By adding links, you’re providing viewers with additional resources that they can use to learn more about your channel or product. Plus, the more links you have, the higher your video will rank in search results.
Here’s a quick guide video on how to add links to your videos and descriptions. First, make sure you’re logged into your Google account when editing your video (or when editing the description).
Then find the “Edit” button next to Share; this is where you will be able to enter external URLs. To do this, simply paste the URL of any site relevant to your video in the box that says Enter Video Description and/or Enter Video Link.
6. Add keywords in other metadata
When you add keywords in your title and description, it helps YouTube understand what your video is about. This then allows them to match your video with people who are searching for videos like yours. But don’t stuff your keywords in there! That will just make your video look spammy, and it won’t help you rank any better. Just use them naturally, and focus on making a great title and description that accurately describes your video.
7. Optimize everything!
You want to make sure you’re doing everything you can to optimize your videos for ranking. Here’re a few things to keep in mind:
- Use keyword-rich titles.
- Use relevant tags.
- Optimize your thumbnail image.
- Create transcripts of your videos.
- Provide content that educates, entertains or both.
- Promote your videos across social media and other channels.
- Keep your videos updated and relevant (As time goes on, topics you may discuss in your videos may change. Make sure to update your video with new information).
- Focus on quality over quantity: It’s better to upload fewer videos but maintain their quality than it is to upload tons of low-quality video content which will just provide a bunch of fluff.
- Know the difference between long-tail keywords and short-tail keywords: Long-tail keywords include specific phrases while short-tail keywords are single words.
- Include metadata within the video file when uploading.
- Make sure your YouTube account is verified.
- Check out some tutorials on ranking YouTube videos.
- Have patience!: There’s no magic button for this! Your video will not rank overnight, it will take time!
- Encourage viewers who liked or commented on your video by following them back.
My Top Recommended YouTube Video Ranking Software
If you think that you can get views just by posting content, you must give it a second thought. Video marketing is needed for a video to reach. But what if you have no idea how to do video marketing? Then comes the savior, Videly YouTube Video Ranking Software.
This YouTube video ranking software creates the best
title and description for YouTube and Google. Videly encourages you to track down the best method to arrive at the top page.
What improves this software than others that can rank is that Videly can rank for sites or YouTube while other software just specializes in YouTube ranking.
What are the features of the Videly Software Tool?
Videly is something other than just a tool that discovers keywords you can rank. Indeed, it’s a set-up of video tools that goes far past that. If you take as much time as is needed to figure out how Videly functions, your competitors will think about how you continue to outclass them.
Here’re a couple of things Videly can do for you –
- Figure out Google and YouTube ranking framework.
- Finds undiscovered, buyer keywords that can be used.
- It gets you ranked using SEO titles, tags, and descriptions.
- Examine every one of the top videos in your niche on YouTube (Pro Package).
- Track every one of your rankings in both Google and YouTube (Pro Package).
- Make definitive video SEO reports for yourself or customers (Agency Package).
So, how does the Videly Software actually work?
Videly will search for every one of the keywords focused by your competitors and show you the keywords that they are using to get the views.
Furthermore, it will show you the number of competitors, and the number of monthly views there are for every single keyword, and how hard or simple it will be to rank for those keywords.
- Automatic SEO Optimization: With a single click, Videly examines your competitors, distinguishing everyone from the flimsy parts in their videos. By following a few simple steps, Videly will give you a wholly adjusted mix of titles, tags, and descriptions that will get you the top rankings.
- Copy/Paste and Make Money: Transfer your new video or update your current video title/descriptions/tags on YouTube and watch the views flooding your doors. With Videly, you can further customize the details if you want using the “Edit” buttons.
- Niche Analysis: The Videly YouTube Ranking Software allows you to do more research, yet this time around, on your competitors. The “Niche Analysis” option is available in the Videly Pro version and is Highly recommended. Enter your primary keyword to do new research or import your findings from the history. Within moments, you shall have a full analysis of your typed keyword report.
- Rank Tracker: I absolutely love this YouTube rank tracking feature which is only available in the Pro version. If you want to avoid the monthly fees for tracking your YouTube video rankings in both Google and YouTube, then you need this. Click on the “rank tracker” tab and you’ll enter this segment, where you can follow YouTube and Google rankings of videos continuously. Click on “audio-video” and track its activity throughout a specific period, including the number of comments and likes.
- Video Report: Enter any YouTube video, type in a keyword, click “Research“, and you’ll get a report. Videly will spot issues, for example, that the title has no emoticons or concise, yet also check the tags, descriptions, and video subtitles. Here you can become familiar with a great deal about how the YouTube algorithm figures out which video is suggested to the viewers. You can generate a PDF version of the full report. Click here to view the PDF video report.
What about the pricing?
The Videly YouTube Ranking Software is a budget-friendly option to help people who rely upon online services. As indicated by their website, this online software is cost-effective, and you can get this only for $47. This gives you complete admittance to the software, and there’re no additional expenses included.
So, what are you waiting for?
If you want your YouTube videos to rank higher, you need to understand how the algorithm works. The YouTube algorithm looks at a variety of factors, including the number of views, likes, and comments.
Plus, it also takes into account how long people watch your videos and whether or not they subscribe to your channel. By following these simple tips, you can improve your chances of ranking higher in search results.
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post.
Let me know your thoughts or suggestions in the comments below.
And if you liked it, Share it!
My name is Sujoy Mukherji. I am an Internet Marketer, Entrepreneur & Professional Blogger. Founder of the Affiliate Hub Blog.