In a world where exchanges are digitalizing at a phenomenal speed, the ability of a structure or brand to offer a better user experience will allow it to stand out from the competition.
All tools should be used for this purpose.
In the case of Google listing, the support gives access to various possibilities.
Google allows you to create and manage business listing that will then be available on various Google products on the web and mobile.
Optimizing Google listing to a site is quite similar to that of a standard web page.
Thus it is vital to ensure that its content is relevant.
For this, all useful information (contact details, address, route, opening hours, and others) on the brand or the company must be completed.
Advantage of a Good Listing
- Free service
- Help people find you
- Visibility on Google services
- Promotes local referencing
- Your company must have a physical address (postal address)
- Note: Once your file has been validated, you can add a territory served if you wish
- You must have a Google account
How to Create a Google Listing?
The process is very simple!
1. Go to Google and sign in to your Google Account
The information found there comes from various directories such as the Yellow Pages.
Click on the name of your establishment for the suggested list.
If no file is available for your company, you can now create one.
3. Validate the Ownership of your File: Google must verify that you are now the owner of the business before granting you the right to edit the listing. Two types of validation are offered:
- By post (the code will be sent to the postal address which appears on the establishment’s sheet. 2 to 3 weeks delay)
- By phone (Google sends the code to the phone number listed on the business listing).
Resource Article: 9 Ways to Verify Google My Business listing
Preferably, choose validation by phone. You shall receive an automated call instantly. Then enter your code and click on “Send”
5. Optimize your Business Listing: Once your card has been validated, you can now improve it.
Click on the blue “modify information” button.
You can also seek the opinions of your customers, create campaigns to buy keywords, and consult the statistics of your file.
Your file allows you to indicate:
- The name of your establishment
- Your address
- Your contact details
- The category or categories of your establishment
- Your opening hours
- A description
Resource Article: How to Utilize Google My Business to Promote Your Business
6. Your Google Listing is now visible on Google :)
To Wrap Up…
Apply each of the above steps and you shall be rewarded with an improved Google listing, and your search engine ranking, in general, should be enhanced.
Internet users are carrying out more and more localized searches.
Creating a Google listing for your business allows you to increase your visibility, respond to reviews, and stay informed.
So, what are you waiting for to get started?
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post.
Let me know your thoughts or suggestions in the comments below.
And if you liked it, Share it!