Are you planning to start your very own dropshipping business? There’re a few good dropshipping supplier directories out there online, So, today in this post I’ll make a comparison post of SaleHoo vs. Worldwide Brands, and I shall be talking about the two most popular directories out there.
By selecting the right wholesale directory you will save a lot of time and stress.
If you are selling online and want to see the best supplier directory, SaleHoo and Worldwide Brands will appear in your search results. There’re some distinctions that you will find more advantageous from both providers. On the surface, it can be difficult to decide which is the best because they both have excellent online reviews from their existing customers.
What is SaleHoo?
SaleHoo is a New Zealand-based business that started in the year 2005. It was developed as the directory of wholesalers and drop shippers around the world.
Originally, it had more than 8,000 wholesale suppliers and dropshipping businesses. The platform also has millions of products that they sell to the paying members of the platform.
Again, SaleHoo is a directory service, and they are not a manufacturer of any product. Still, the platform has become a prominent supplier in the eCommerce space in China, the UK, Canada, and the US.
What is Worldwide Brands?
Worldwide Brands is the biggest online directory out there on the internet.
With over 20 years of experience, they have a team of researchers to find the best suppliers, awarding their Seal of Approval to those who pass their stringent checks. They charge a one-time fee for lifetime directory access.
They also provide some free training for online sellers. They are ideal for anyone who wants to sell online without having to find suppliers from scratch.
SaleHoo vs. Worldwide Brands Quick Comparison Overview
- SaleHoo provides more than 10,000+ pre-vetted suppliers vs. Worldwide Brands provides 10,000+ pre-vetted suppliers mainly Worldwide brands.
- SaleHoo provides an easy platform to find various drop shippers and wholesalers vs. Worldwide Brands which mainly specializes in wholesalers.
- With SaleHoo you can integrate your Shopify store.
- SaleHoo has over 2.5 million products available on its platform vs. Worldwide Brands has around 16 million products available on its platform.
- Choice of suppliers the worldwide USA vs. Worldwide Brands has also USA suppliers.
What’s Common with SaleHoo vs. Worldwide Brands?
It’s no surprise to learn that both SaleHoo and Worldwide Brands share a lot of similarities, and they are as follows:
- Both the platforms are good to find trusted suppliers for your dropshipping business.
- They both have a team dedicated to finding suppliers, including those who don’t market themselves well online.
- They both provide assistance and training to new sellers.
- Both the platforms allow you to save sellers for future use.
- They both allow you to search with various filters for easier organization.
- They both feature sellers who have low or no minimum order amounts.
Products and Services offered by SaleHoo
Here’re some of the products and services that you get along with SaleHoo:
SaleHoo has around 1,000 reliable suppliers for dropshipping. SaleHoo takes complete responsibility and audits every drop shipper by themselves. This eliminates one more critical problem with finding the supplier manually is to check whether the supplier is legitimate or not. On SaleHoo, there are no chances of any fraud or failure on the delivery part by the suppliers.
On SaleHoo, you get the following details of all suppliers available on the platform:
- Contact information
- Product range
- A quality score of the products on offer
- Existing customer reviews
- Shipping details
SaleHoo also divides its sellers based on product categories. The platform has different product categories such as Clothing, Shoes, etc.
Whether you are selling domestically or trying to target a foreign market. For example, if you are not able to find the desired supplier in your country, then you can get in touch with a drop shipper working in the target market to expand your business.
The platform is easy to use, and there are different filters for selecting suppliers such as minimum orders.
This is ideal for a startup because there are requirements for low-range products. If you are planning to startup, it is ideal that you can start and test with a small order.
SaleHoo is great for doing any kind of market research using its Market Research Lab tool, where you can choose the location, and add the currency.
It is great to study a market because you can compare the wholesale price of a product and then compare it with your rivals. This gives you the advantage to set a competitive price for your products.
Keep in mind that nothing beats the rivals than competitive pricing. One more thing that SaleHoo makes special is that they show the low competition goods.
This is ideal for startups, as they can identify the opportunities in low competition products. This allows brands to stand out and become special in a competitive market.
Also, there are monthly revenue reports showing season sale patterns to stay at par with your rivals.
Products and Services offered by Worldwide Brands
As I mentioned before, Worldwide Brands focuses on finding the best possible suppliers. Their research team is dedicated to sourcing the best suppliers available, and new wholesalers are added to the supplier directory every week.
They find suppliers by attending trade shows (which is an expensive activity for many people) and speaking directly with suppliers so that they can thoroughly check their reliability and product quality.
The Worldwide Brand Seal will be awarded to selected suppliers. This can be only obtained by meeting the stringent criteria, which means that verified suppliers can’t simply buy their way to approval. Essentially, if you go with Worldwide Brands, you can be fairly certain that you will not encounter any fraudulent sellers.
With over 16 million products to choose from, they have the largest selection of wholesale products available anywhere online. They also use wholesalers based in the United States.
You can search for suppliers based on dropshipping or light bulk products, sales platforms (eBay, Amazon, or online store), or supplier location. You can save suppliers as favorites and set up notifications to be notified of new products. This is ideal for acting quickly when new products or suppliers become available.
To be honest, the Worldwide Brands platform is not as modern as SaleHoo’s, and it lacks the state-of-the-art market research tool which SaleHoo has to offer. But they do offer a wide selection of wholesale and dropshipping products in more categories.
SaleHoo vs. Worldwide Brands Pricing
SaleHoo pricing starts with the one-year access at the flat price of $67, and the lifetime access of $127.
This fee is quite less compared to many other rival platforms providing a similar set of services.
Not only does SaleHoo provide the best price in the market, but it also comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee with no questions asked.
To claim your 60-day money-back guarantee, all you need to do is just send an email at support@SaleHoo.com within 60-days of your receipt number, and you will get your money back.
The best value is provided by the SaleHoo One Year Access Plan which costs $67.
Worldwide Brand Pricing
Worldwide Brands cost $197 for Lifetime Access, but it is occasionally discounted (as mentioned in the image below). They also provide a free demonstration – Click Here To Learn More!
Pros and Cons of using SaleHoo
- Customer Service: As a SaleHoo user you can do a fast search for ‘SaleHoo customer service’ and it will be hard for you to find a negative word about them.
- Brands: SaleHoo offers some of the best brands hosted on their platforms, such as Disney, Lego, Adidas, and Sony.
- Suppliers: Both vendors have been thoroughly vetted, you can rest assured that you will not get duped. If you choose to find your suppliers, things may become complicated.
- Training & Support: Because SaleHoo is geared toward assisting e-commerce entrepreneurs in the early stages of their journey, they must receive proper training and support. They provide you with 50 step-by-step guides and videos. Because SaleHoo anticipates that the majority of their customers will be looking to sell on eBay or Amazon, they have also provided some guides on selling on those platforms.
- No Hidden Costs: You just pay an annual fee of $67. You will end up paying a supplier an application fee but you will do so in advance.
- Money-Back Guarantee: As I have mentioned before in this post, SaleHoo offers its users a 60-day Money-Back Guarantee and you get a full refund if you are not satisfied using the SaleHoo platform.
- Low Minimum Orders: A fantastic benefit, especially for those looking for wholesalers. You may have purchased storage space and did not have a lot of space, to begin with, or you may not want to spend too much money. This process is made easier using SaleHoo’s low minimum order requirements.
- Market Research: By using SaleHoo’s Market Research Lab Tool, you can filter certain geographic locations and choose the desired currency. This will allow you to compare the wholesale price of a product and then compare it with your rivals. You get to access the industry dynamics, use seasonal goods and evaluate the level of competition to ensure that you are on the right track to selecting the most profitable products to sell.
- Marketplace Fees: SaleHoo understands that many of its buyers will undoubtedly sell their goods on eBay and Amazon. However, if you buy a product from a wholesaler or drop shipper and then sell it on one of these marketplaces, your profit margin may be small. Third-party sites charge advertising fees, which will assist you in making money.
- Branding: This is not just a problem for SaleHoo, but all wholesalers. It’s difficult to build a brand and reputation for your company when you sell things to other people. As a result, SaleHoo vendors do not sell on their websites and instead sell on third-party marketplaces.
- Limited Amount of Products: SaleHoo may offer around 1.6 million products on their platform, but this does not scratch the surface of the 16 million Worldwide Brands that have been supplied.
Pros and Cons of using Worldwide Brands
- Most products in any online directory – give you a lot of options for selecting unique and high-selling products.
- Worldwide Brands offers a meticulous supplier vetting process.
- The provided free demo allows you to get a feel for the platform itself.
- The platform offers you a team of researchers dedicated to helping you find new suppliers and products and can quickly respond to user inquiries.
- It is simple to use – it’s simple enough to learn how to use the Worldwide Brands platform.
- Lacks the market research tool unlike SaleHoo’s advanced Market Research Lab Tool.
- The platform looks a bit outdated.
- No Telephone chat support is provided.
My Final Thoughts…
If you ask me honestly, I would NOT recommend you to go with Worldwide Brands if you’re just getting started with dropshipping. You will find it hard to select the right kind of products you want for your dropshipping business. They have the most products, and you can trust their supplier recommendations because their reliability check is quite stringent.
I would highly recommend that you go with SaleHoo, as they provide you with thousands of suppliers with different product catalogs that can help in scaling your business.
Although this might not make your business an overnight success, you must try to make the best of this opportunity. The pricing structure is quite affordable as well because you can get started with as low as a $67 annual fee. Not to mention, their 60-day refund policy makes it one of the options to consider to grow your online business.
My name is Sujoy Mukherji. I am an Internet Marketer, Entrepreneur & Professional Blogger. Founder of the Affiliate Hub Blog.