When you are looking to make your way into affiliate marketing, you have one goal in mind – finding clients who can pay you well for the services you provide. However, it can be difficult to convince new clients that they need your service, especially if they are doing affiliate marketing on their own or hiring someone else to do it for them.
To make sure that the clients you do land are getting to stick around and get the most of your service, here are the 5 ways of convincing affiliate clients that they need your services – and give you sample questions and responses to help get the sales process started on the right foot!
Who is the ideal affiliate marketing client?
An ideal affiliate marketing client is someone who:
- is running an online business
- has a website with a decent amount of traffic
- is looking to increase their income
- isn’t using an affiliate marketing service already
- isn’t using a service that competes with your own
- isn’t convinced that they need an affiliate marketing service
If you find someone that meets these criteria, then you’re off to a good start.
Next, it’s time to learn about your clients:
- Who are you talking to?
- What are their goals?
- Where do they come from?
- What are their pain points?
- When will this happen?
These questions will help figure out how best to approach them. For example, if the potential client comes from another country and speaks English as a second language, it might be more beneficial for them to receive the message in their native language rather than English. The same could go for someone coming from a mobile device versus a desktop computer or vice versa.
It is important to know where the client came from so you can craft the right message based on where they currently are. Another thing worth considering is when to make contact with them – often timing matters greatly because people have different routines and schedules, but also when somebody had a bad day or recently saw something on social media that affected them.
Finally, when it comes down to contacting the affiliate clients via email there should always be one goal per email sent – don’t ask too many questions at once or send too many messages at once because otherwise the potential client will get overwhelmed and disengaged which won’t benefit either party.
What does their current setup look like?
Affiliate marketing is a tough business. You’re constantly fighting for attention and trying to get people to click on your links. And even when you do get someone to click, there’s no guarantee that they will actually buy anything. So, how do you convince potential clients that they need your service?
Here’re the five w’s you should always keep in mind when convincing an affiliate marketer that they need your service:
- What does their current setup look like?
- What is their goal or business objective?
- Who will be handling the day-to-day tasks while you work with them?
- Will they be able to see data or analytics reports during our engagement period so that they can see results firsthand?
- How much time can they devote per week to working with us on this project/strategy (if any)?
What I recommend for affiliate marketers looking for helping to manage their campaigns is a blended approach – that means we will start by taking care of things from behind the scenes (keeping track of statistics, reporting progress) before moving into the more hands-on tasks like designing emails and coming up with promotional ideas.
For those who want an even higher level of involvement, we will also offer coaching sessions where we will collaborate on a plan together and then execute it over the course of two months.
Where do they currently rank on Google?
One way to convince affiliate marketing clients that they need your service is by looking at where they currently rank on Google. If they’re not ranking high, then it’s likely that their website isn’t being seen by potential customers. Improving their ranking could result in more traffic and more business for them.
Here are the six ways to help your affiliate clients rank higher on Google:
- Use keyword-rich titles and descriptions
- Optimize their website for mobile
- Increase the website’s speed
- Publish high-quality content
- Build backlinks
- Create a video with an SEO strategy
When should we start seeing results?
Starting to see results from your affiliate marketing campaign can take some time. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither is a successful online marketing campaign.
Here are a few things you can do to help convince your clients that they need your service –
- Educate them on how to use your services effectively: Before any work can be done, it’s important for the client to know what their options are. Give them a thorough walkthrough of all the features they get with your plan and what their options are if they decide not to continue using it later on.
- Get an evaluation up front: Getting an evaluation before starting a long-term relationship is always beneficial for both parties involved. Doing this shows potential affiliate clients that you’re interested in making sure everyone gets what they want out of the deal as well as protecting yourself from false claims or complaints down the line.
- Get referrals: Any business will tell you that there’s no better way to build trust than by hearing about someone else’s experience firsthand.
- Provide proofs of success: When trying to convince a potential client, nothing speaks louder than real-life examples. Giving them examples of other companies who have had success with your service will show them how just capable you are of running an effective affiliate marketing program.
- Offer a trial period: You may have found success with some companies without ever offering trials but why take the risk? A trial period will allow your clients to try out and test the product firsthand and see if it really works for them without being locked into anything more than what they paid upfront for the trial period.
Why did you recommend this approach?
As an affiliate marketer, you know that clients are vital to your affiliate marketing success. Without them, you would not have anyone to promote your products or services. That’s why it is important to convince them that they need your help.
Here are a few ways of convincing your affiliate marketing clients –
- Why did you recommend this approach? (As mentioned above, without having affiliate clients, there’s no business).
- What do we do? (Include a description of what your services entail).
- What can go wrong if we don’t hire a professional like me? (Give examples and make sure to mention the worst-case scenario!).
- When does it start? (Provide a timeline for when your affiliate client will see results from using your service).
- Why should I hire you instead of someone else? (Compile a list of reasons for hiring you over another affiliate marketing company and provide them with evidence to back up these claims). One example would be providing testimonials or before and after images of previous work to showcase your quality).
In conclusion, when convincing affiliate marketing clients that they need your service, be sure to answer the five w’s: who, what, where, when, and why. Be clear about what you can offer and how it will benefit them. Offer statistics and case studies to back up your claims.
And finally, be persistent and build a relationship of trust with your potential clients. That way, when they decide to work with you, you have already established a level of trust.
I hope you enjoyed reading my blog post.
Let me know your thoughts or suggestions in the comments below.
And if you liked it, Share it!
My name is Sujoy Mukherji. I am an Internet Marketer, Entrepreneur & Professional Blogger. Founder of the Affiliate Hub Blog.